We are using the Athena SWAN charter as a framework to structure our work on gender equality. Our Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team (Athena SWAN SAT) oversees and co-ordinates gender equality activities in the department.
- monitoring gender parity in recruitment, career progression, and senior leadership in the department
- monitoring gender parity across departmental activities including mentoring, teaching, marking and assessment, and outreach activities
- funding the maximum number of sponsored childcare places allowed each year by the University
- advertising the Bullying and Harassment Advisor service via a posters and newsletter announcements
- conducting focus groups to identify gender parity issues and ways to mitigate them
- offering free period products in the department’s toilets.