Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that promotes equality, values diversity, and creates a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected.
We aim to embed equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) activities throughout the department to support a diverse, inclusive, fair and open culture for staff and students and received an Athena SWAN silver award for addressing gender equality and advancing women's careers in higher education and research.
The OXFORD POPULATION HEALTH EDI Committee
- advises, and is accountable to the departmental Strategic Oversight Committee for equality and diversity activities for staff and students
- co-ordinates EDI work across self-assessment teams and working groups, to avoid duplication and support cross group working
- monitors progress in meeting equality objectives and delivering on action plans
- ensures balanced representation of the EDI self-assessment teams and working groups
- keeps up-to-date on national and university EDI strategy, and increases awareness of university policy and practice in equality and diversity
- meets once a term, has a collaborative ethos and ensures an effective flow of information between the EDI groups.
Membership of the EDI Committee, and the Athena SWAN and Race Equality Self Assessment Teams is reviewed annually, and fixed terms ensure new and fresh perspectives. EDI activities are reviewed annually to measure progress on the delivery of actions.
For further information or to get involved please contact Sasha Shepperd.