Our LGBT+ Network oversees and co-ordinates LGBT+ equality activities in the department. We aim to provide support and advice to LGBT+ staff and students and to promote an inclusive workplace. The Network is open to all students and staff in the department who are members of the LGBT+ community.
- arranging social meet-ups
- organising a Richard Doll Seminar for LGBT+ History Month 2022
- launching a Pride Month newsletter in June 2022 and displaying Pride flags in the reception areas of the Big Data Institute and Richard Doll buildings
- offering ‘Why pronouns matter’ workshops
- inviting candidates to share their preferred pronouns before attending interview.