Public Advisory Panel
Public contributors offer valuable insights to the researchers and studies in which they are involved. The NDPH Public Advisory Panel provides advice and guidance on the department’s research from initial study proposals to ways in which research findings may be used to influence policy and improve health. By including people who have been research participants and those new to research the panel offers a variety of perspectives. Panel members may be asked to provide feedback, advice and opinions by email, via conference calls or at occasional face-to-face meetings. They can choose which requests to respond to, according to their availability and interests.
Panel members may:
- review the content and language used in questionnaires and information leaflets for people interested in becoming research study participants
- help to ensure that proposed research methods are acceptable to potential participants
- comment on research proposals
- advise on ways to increase participation in research
- suggest ways to publicise and engage the public around research results.