- To understand the global burden of non-communicable diseases (extending material covered in ‘Introduction to global health science’ module).
- To understand the major determinants and risk factors for non-communicable diseases.
- To become familiar with the design, implementation and evaluation of strategies for the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases in both developing and developed countries.
- Non-communicable diseases: an overview
- Cardiovascular disease
- Determinants of cancer
- Determinants, prevention and control of chronic respiratory disease (including COPD and asthma)
- Global burden and determinants of neuropsychiatric conditions
- Global burden and determinants of accidental and non-accidental injuries