Maternal and Child Health
- To understand the normal course of pregnancy, childbirth and childhood health, and understand the major common causes and consequences of disruption of this normal course.
- To appreciate the clinical and public health context of prevention and treatment in maternal and child health in both developing and developed countries.
- To gain an overview of the major challenges in delivering safe and effective maternal and child health.
- To understand the methodological issues relevant to maternal and child health research.
- Maternal mortality and morbidity
- Perinatal and infant mortality and morbidity
- Child mortality
- Long-term outcomes of perinatal insults
- Infant nutrition/why is breastfeeding important?
- Real-life challenges in maternal and perinatal health services research
- Randomised controlled trials and program evaluation