To understand fundamental concepts and principles of economics relevant to health and health care
- To understand the interaction between health and economic development
- To use economics to analyse health care systems
- To become familiar with the methods and application of economic appraisal in health care
- Economics and health economics: concepts and methods, health and the national economy; expenditure trends.
- Comparative health systems: health care funding and provision in low and high income settings.
- Health and economic development
- Microeconomic tools for health economics analysis: part 1
- Microeconomic tools for health economics analysis: part 2
- Market failure in health care: evidence and consequences for regulation and provision
- Equity and equality in health care financing, access and health outcomes
- Principles of priority setting of Economic Appraisal
- Measuring and valuing health
- Defining and measuring costs
- Decision analytic modelling and extrapolation for economic evaluation
- Cost-effectiveness and decision-making in practice