Designing and Running Streamlined Randomized Trials
Monday, 09 January 2017 to Tuesday, 10 January 2017
THINK BIG. KEEP IT SIMPLE. GET RELIABLE ANSWERS.
Are you planning or running a randomized trial?
This course is aimed at current or potential trial investigators and senior trial managers.On this course, you will learn how to design and run streamlined, efficient trials to provide reliable answers which change practice.
The program will address;
- streamlining key aspects of study design,
- practicalities of running trials,
- efficient fulfilment of regulatory requirements,
- appropriate data analysis and reporting.
This course provides 13 CPD points.
The course is run by highly experienced clinical trialists, senior trial managers and statisticians who have run successful large trials including the:
- Heart Protection Study: 20,000 - high vascular risk
- SEARCH: 12,000 - prior vascular disease
- ACST trials: 5000 - asymptomatic carotid stenosis
- 3-C study: 900 - undergoing kidney transplantation
- SHARP: 9500 - chronic kidney disease (18 countries)
- HPS2-THRIVE: 25,000 - high vascular risk (UK, Scandinavia, China)
- REVEAL: 30,000 - high vascular risk (10 countries, ongoing)
(Meals, including the course dinner, are included in the course fee.)
Please follow this link for online bookings
Accommodation at Jesus College is available on the 8, 9 and 10 January at the cost of £60 per night (including breakfast). Please note these have shared bathrooms. You will be able to book this through the course booking website.
Cancellation after 19 December 2016 will result in the loss of the course fee and accommodation costs.