- Describe the scope of the global epidemics of major communicable diseases and understand the current prevention approaches.
- Discuss the principles involved in the investigation of an outbreak of a major communicable disease.
- Appreciate the challenges of treatment and control of communicable diseases in developed and developing countries.
- Introduction to communicable disease epidemiology
- Investigating an outbreak
- Vaccine-preventable diseases in the developed countries
- Development of new vaccines for developing countries
- HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
- Influenza and other emerging infectious diseases