which dphil research project?
To apply for a research project offered by the department:
- Review our list of research projects for 2018 entry.
- Choose the one that most interests you.
- Contact one supervisor associated with the project to discuss developing a brief research proposal based on the project. Your proposal will be part of your formal application.
This is a competitive process and you may be offered a different project after interview.
To submit your own research proposal:
- Review the department’s research.
- Identify a suitable supervisor.
- Contact the supervisor and secure their agreement in principle to act as supervisor before submitting your formal application.
The availability of appropriate supervision and research opportunities will determine whether places for DPhil candidates with their own research proposals can be offered.
Applicants who don’t follow this process or secure supervision before applying will not be considered for admission.