A selection of recommended internet resources aimed at ELSI practitioners, students, and any interested members of the public to help understand the science behind the latest health care developments
- Educational Resources
- Open Access Publications
- Subscriber Access Only Publications
DNA from the beginning :An Animated Primer on the Basics of DNA, Genes and Hereditary
Cold Spring Harbour Lab
Learn Genetics: Genetic Science Learning Centre
University of Utah
Personal Genome Project Study Guide
Useful Resources for Understanding Key Scientific Developments in Genomics
Open Access Articles
Hall A, Hallowell N, Zimmern R. Managing incidental and pertinent findings from WGS in the 100,000 Genome Project. April 2013, report from the PHG Foundation
Janssens ACJW, Duijn CMv. Genome-based prediction of common diseases: advances and prospects. Human Molecular Genetics. 2008;17(Review 2):R166-R172.
Tian C, Gregersen PK, Seldin MF. Accounting for ancestry: population substructure and genome-wide association studies. Human Molecular Genetics. October 15, 2008 2008;17(R2):R143-150.
McCarroll SA. Extending genome-wide association studies to copy-number variation. Human Molecular Genetics. October 15, 2008 2008:ddn282.
McCarthy MI, Hirschhorn JN. Genome-wide association studies: past, present and future. Human Molecular Genetics. October 15, 2008 2008;17(2):ddn298.
McCarthy MI, Hirschhorn JN. Genome-wide association studies: potential next steps on a genetic journey. Human Molecular Genetics. 2008;17(Review 2):R156-R165.
Attia J, Ioannidis JPA, Thakkinstian A, et al. How to use an article about genetic association B: Are the results of the study valid? Journal of the American Medical Association. 2009;301(2):191-197.
Attia J, Ioannidis JPA, Thakkinstian A, et al. How to use an article about genetic association A: Background concepts. Journal of the American Medical Association. 2009;301(1):74-81.
Subscriber Access Only Articles
Phillips PC. Epistasis - the essential role of gene interactions in the structure and evolution of genetic systems. Nature Reviews Genetics. 2008;9:855-867.
Visscher PM, Hill WG, Wray NR. Heritability in the genomics era - concepts and misconceptions. Nature Reviews Genetics. 2008;9:255- 266.
Hurst LD. Genetics and the understanding of selection. Nature Reviews Genetics. 2009;10(2):83-93.
McCarthy MI, Abecasis GR, Cardon LR, et al. Genome-wide assocation studies for complex traits: consensus, uncertainties, and challenge. Nature Reviews Genetics. 2008;9:356-369.
Cordell HJ. Detecting gene-gene interactions that underlie human diseases. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(6):392-404.
Stephens M, Balding DJ. Bayesian statistical methods for genetic association studies. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(10):681-690.
Plomin R, Haworth CMA, Davis OSP. Common disorders are quantitative traits. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(12):872-878.
Ioannidis JPA, Thomas G, Daly MJ. Validating, augmenting and refining genome-wide association signals. Nature Reviews Genetics. 2009;10:318-329.
Orr HA. Fitness and its role in evolutionary genetics. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(8):531-539.
Holsinger KE, Weir BS. Genetics in geographically structured populations: defining, estimating and interpreting FST. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(9):639-650.
Charlesworth D, Willis JH. The genetics of inbreeding depression. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(11):783-796.
Charlesworth B. Fundamental concepts in genetics: Effective population size and patterns of molecular evolution and variation. Nat Rev Genet. 2009;10(3):195-205.
Burton PR, Tobin MD, Hopper JL. Key concepts in genetic epidemiology. The Lancet. 2005;360(September 10 2005):941-951.
Teare MD, Barrett JH. Genetic linkage studies. The Lancet. 2005;366(September 17 2005):1036-1044.
Cordell H, Clayton DG. Genetic association studies. The Lancet. 2005;366(September 24 2005):1121-1131.
Palmer LJ, Cardon LR. Shaking the tree: mapping complex disease genes with linkage disequilibrium. The Lancet. 2005;366(October 1 2005):1223-1234.
Hattersley AT, McCarthy MI. What makes a good genetic association study? The Lancet. 2005;366(October 8 2005):1315- 1323.
Hopper JL, Bishop DT, Easton DF. Population-based family studies in genetic epidemiology. The Lancet. 2005;366(9494):1397-1406.
Smith GD, Ebrahim S, Lewis S, Hansell AL, Palmer LJ, Burton PR. Genetic epidemiology and public health: hope, hype, and future prospects. The Lancet. 2005;366(October 22):1484-1498.
- SSM 2014 Oxford
- The 9th UK and Ireland Conference on Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Obesity in pregnancy: of mice and women
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Bad Science, AllTrials and Big Data
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Streamlining Clinical Research
- Biomarkers and cardiovascular disease: promises and pitfalls
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: The benefits and risks associated with CT scan
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: The African Partnership for Chronic Disease Research (APCDR)
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: The Dementias Platform UK: Integrating epidemiology and experimental medicine
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: China Kadoorie Biobank: from population health to drug development
- Oxford India Health Research Network Symposium
- From asthma to zoonoses – decoding cause and effect with occupational epidemiology
- How to conduct trials which produce reliable answers
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Big trials, Big data, Big potential: population health research in the 21st century
- NPEU Seminar: The CHIPS* Trial - do we now know what to do?
- NPEU Seminar - He'll be home by his due date: investigating neonatal care for preterm babies
- NPEU Seminar - Ethics, politics and taboo: Why stillbirth remains hidden in the global disease burden
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Fat fit and Slim sick, new insights in Body Fat
Richard Doll Seminars in Public Health and Epidemiology
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive: 2015 to 2016
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive: 2014 to 2015
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive: 2013 to 2014
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive: 2012 to 2013
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive: 2010 to 2011
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive: 2007 to 2010
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive 2016-17
- Richard Doll Seminars Archive 2017-18
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: New evidence from trials to inform the management of obesity in routine care
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: What information is in 'Big Data' brain imaging?
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Adverse events in clinical trials: If nothing happens, is everything alright?
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Investigating CVD risk factors: Interpretation, misinterpretation, anecdotes and prospects
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Hazardous drinking: the main cause of Russia's health crisis
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Intervening in ageing
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: CANCELLED (To be rescheduled)
- HERC Seminar: Beware of Kinked Frontiers: A Systematic Review of the Choice of Comparator Strategies in Cost-Effectiveness Analyses of Human Papillomavirus Testing in Cervical Screening
- NDPH Seminar: Translating genomics into population-based cancer screening strategies – opportunities and challenges
- NPEU Seminar: Capitalising on routine antenatal contacts: an implementation science approach to weight management in pregnancy
- NPEU Seminar: The use of routinely collected clinical data to support neonatal studies
- NPEU Seminar: Public Engagement with Research: A Brief Introduction
- NPEU Seminar: Can the world get malaria under control?
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Prevention of type 2 diabetes - the scientific evidence
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Developing the evidence base to improve prostate cancer survivorship
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: A life course approach to cardiovascular ageing
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Health and the built environment: Challenges and prospects for cities of the future
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Prostate cancer screening - examining the evidence
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Cardiovascular risk scores: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Understanding breast cancer risk
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: The genetic epidemiology of epithelial ovarian cancer
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Trial Forge, PRECIS-2 and how to design an efficient trial
- RICHARD DOLL SEMINAR: Getting the best out of electronic health records
- Plasticity and Juggling (in science and in life)
- NPEU Seminar: Probiotic in Preterm babies Study (PiPS)
- NPEU Seminar: Uterine natural killer (NK) cells role in pregnancy
- NPEU Seminar: Monitoring of the fetus during labour: design, conduct, results and challenges of a trial recruiting 46,000 women in labour
- HERC Seminar: A Brief History of Economic Evaluation
- Richard Doll Seminars: Preventing Colorectal Cancer by Screening
- Richard Doll Seminars: The Design and Implementation of a multi-site Randomised Controlled Trial of Geriatrician- Led Acute Care in the Home: Recruiting the first 500 participants
- Richard Doll Seminars: Prevention of osteoporotic fracture throughout the lifecourse
- Richard Doll Seminars: Kidney disease: an emerging public health problem?
- Richard Doll Seminars: Challenges and opportunities for research in the field of comorbidity
- Richard Doll Seminars: Data Liberation – Making data available for research purposes
- Richard Doll Seminars: The Mediterranean diet in cardiovascular prevention: PREDIMED and PREDIMED –PLUS trials
- Richard Doll Seminars: Dionysis, Dinosaurs and the Politics of Alcohol
- NDPH Seminar: The Breathless Genes: Lung function genetics and risk of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Designing and Running Streamlined Randomized Trials
- Launch Meeting of UK Trial Managers' Network Oxford Hub
- Cancer and tobacco use among Indigenous Australians
- NDPH Seminar: Smoking, drinking and adiposity in Chennai, India
- Ethox: Oxford Global Health and Bioethics International Conference: 17th - 18th July 2017
- HERC Seminar: Cost-effectiveness modelling of the liver disease pathway.
- Richard Doll Seminars: Improving the odds of drug development success through human genomics
- Richard Doll Seminars: Building successful partnerships between academia and the biopharmaceutical industry
- Richard Doll Seminars: The one-way mirror: understanding public attitudes towards commercial access to patient data
- Richard Doll Seminars: Smouldering Hearts: a Mills and Boon Classic!
- Richard Doll Seminars: The National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service in the era of Big Data
- Richard Doll Seminars: Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes: From Efficacy to Effectiveness in the Real World setting
- Richard Doll Seminars: From bench to front-bench: using laboratory studies to inform tobacco and alcohol policy
- Richard Doll Seminars: Streamlined trials: what works and what doesn't work
- NPEU Seminar: Invisible patients in birth debates (are not the ones you’d expect): documenting systematic distortions in the representation of birth-place evidence
- NPEU Seminar: Advancing enteral feeds in preterm babies; evidence from trials
- NPEU Seminar: Comparing adolescents and adults preferences to health states commonly used in economic evaluation in child health
- NPEU Seminar: A father's place? The move towards men's presence during childbirth in Britain, 1940s-2000s
- NPEU Seminar: I2S2 - A multicentre RCT of iodide supplementation versus placebo in preterm infants - Developmental Outcomes at 2 Years
- HERC Seminar: Dealing with missing quality of life data in clinical trials
- Intellectual Property, Ethics and the Market in the Era of Personalised Medicine
- NPEU Seminar: Cancer risk after assisted conception
- NPEU Seminar - Perinatal Mental Health: finding the balance
- NPEU Seminar: Recent advances in perinatal and paediatric medicines evaluation: regulations, infrastructure and collaboration
- Richard Doll Seminars: Incentives, Choice and Public Health Policy
- Richard Doll Seminars: Stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: assessing risk and simple decision-making in everyday clinical practice
- Richard Doll Seminars: Safeguarding health in the Anthropocene Epoch
- PLEASE NOTE: This seminar has been postponed until the autumn - Richard Doll Seminars: Measuring and visualising worldwide trends in cardiovascular risk factors
- Richard Doll Seminars: Predicting and evaluating the impact of the UK Sugar Drink Industry Levy
- Richard Doll Seminars: The use of randomized trials to distort best clinical practice
- Richard Doll Seminars: Can measures of biological age tell us anything more than chronological age?
- Richard Doll Seminars: New ways to lower cholesterol – PCSK9 inhibition and the FOURIER trial
- NPEU Seminar: Appy Parents: Supporting NICU families in the digital age
- Ethox Seminar: ‘The families give so much, we give so little’: The ethics of research reciprocity in Young Lives, a 15 year international study of childhood poverty
- Ethox Seminar: Ethical issues in individual-cluster trials: beyond the Ottawa Statement
- HERC Seminar: Using discrete choice experiments to understand benefit-risk trade-offs
- Graduate Careers Day
- UK Biobank Annual Meeting
- Ethox Seminar: Public Engagement in Health Policy: Mapping Aims and Approaches
- Ethox Seminar: Safety, Risk, Ethics & Behaviour in Healthcare
- Missing data in randomised trials: beyond missing at random
- Ethox Seminar: How can health research data from low and middle settings be shared ethically and equitably?
- League tables of cost effectiveness of preventive interventions focussing on tobacco control and dietary interventions (from a New Zealand perspective)
- Exploiting advances in genomics, voice recognition, and health records across populations
- BDI seminar: Novel methods for the comprehensive analysis of physical activity in epidemiology
- Incorporating Budget Impact Analysis in the Implementation of Complex Interventions: A Case of an Integrated Intervention for Multimorbid Patients within the CareWell Study
- Big Data in Health - Li Ka Shing Foundation East-West Alliance, Oxford 2017
- Ethox Seminar: Do Moral Foundations Matter in Bioethics?
- HERC Seminar: Use of Rapid Reviews in Health Technology Assessment Processes – Effective or Impractical? A Review of the Irish System & Lessons for Others
- NPEU Seminar: Antenatal interventions to improve pregnancy outcomes - do they work?
- NPEU Seminar: Born at the threshold of viability: the impact on behaviour problems into adolescence
- Ethox Seminar: Zika and the Failure to Act Under the Police Power
- CPNP Seminar - Scaling Up School-based Physical Activity Interventions: Importance of implementation
- Ethox Seminar: The Ethics of AMR Carriership
- Ethox Seminar: Ethics at the Coal-Face: do clinical ethics services do anything useful?
- BDI Seminar: Discovery of rare and common variants associated with blood pressure and hypertension
- BDI Seminar: Medical Research and Intellectual Property Rights / things to consider and things to avoid
- NDPH Seminar: TWILIGHT and the role of dual anti-platelet therapy
- HERC Seminar: Use of Rapid Reviews in Health Technology Assessment Processes – Effective or Impractical? A Review of the Irish System & Lessons for Others.
- HERC Seminar: Are Public Hospitals Overcrowded? Evidence from Trauma and Orthopaedics in England
- Richard Doll Seminar: Novel trials of common infection management in primary care
- Richard Doll Seminar: Suicide, psychosis and the case for public mental health
- Richard Doll Seminar: The REVEAL trial – asking a good question, getting a reliable answer.
- Richard Doll Seminar: Measuring and visualising worldwide trends in cardiovascular risk factors
- Richard Doll Seminar: The genetic analysis of biomedical big data
- Richard Doll Seminar: Large-scale epidemiology in South Korea: findings from 1.5 million adults
- Richard Doll Seminar: Recent discoveries in the genetics of cardiovascular disease and risk factors
- Designing and Running Streamlined Randomized Trials
- Dissecting the Genetic contribution to Major Depressive Disorder
- NPEU Seminar - Midwifery Science in the Netherlands: Looking for evidence in turbulent times
- HERC Seminar: Developing New Policies in Response to Rising Drug Prices in the U.S.
- Understanding the aetiology of reproductive ageing and its links to broader health
- Richard Doll Seminar: Complexity of Susceptibility to Cancer
- HERC Seminar - Introducing rational healthcare prioritisation in Ghana: Methods and challenges
- Ethox Seminar - The role of male partners in women’s decisions to use PrEP during pregnancy
- Ethox Seminar - Digitalised health care and patient involvement: on the ethical relevance on how it is organised
- Ethox seminar - Consenting conundrums in adolescent mental health
- Ethox seminar - Personalised mental health: approaching depression in faith communities
- Ethox seminar - Embedding ethics in global health research collaborations
- CPNP Seminar - Changes in drink purchases following the removal of soft drink at 20 sport and leisure centres
- NDPH Seminar: A Tale of Two (Lancet) Commissions - Palliative Care and Pollution in LDCs
- China Kadoorie Biobank research session
- NDPH seminar: The uses of Hippocratic Epidemiology
- Ethox Seminar: Muslim perspectives on palliative and end of life care
- Ethox Seminar: Bad Beginnings? A qualitative study of prison mother and baby units
- Richard Doll Seminar - Prenatal impact on child health and development: Have we been looking at the wrong generation?
- Richard Doll Seminar - Anti-inflammatory treatment for coronary artery disease – the CANTOS trial
- Richard Doll Seminar - The emergence of epidemiology and public health campaigns in Victorian Britain
- Richard Doll Seminar - Lung Cancer CT screening, the UKLS and European experience; time to implement?
- Richard Doll Seminar - Plant foods, antioxidants and the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, all-cause and cause-specific mortality
- Richard Doll Seminar - SGLT2 inhibition for treating diabetes – an approach which achieves far more than just lowering glucose?
- Richard Doll Seminar - Revisiting molecular subtyping in breast cancer: Gene mapping and beyond
- Richard Doll Seminar - The future of population health research: A ‘new public health’?
- HERC Seminar - Value of sample information as a tool for clinical trial design
- Ethox Seminar: Between the reasonable and the particular: Why English law does not, and should not, give primacy to respect for patient autonomy in regulating informed consent to medical treatment
- NPEU Research Seminar - Opportunities and challenges for using real world evidence (RWE) for surveillance, quality improvement and research: Pregnancy ontology - Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) Research and Surveillance Centre (RSC)
- NPEU Research Seminar - UKMidSS: The UK Midwifery Study System
- Richard Doll Seminar - National colorectal cancer intelligence
- Big Data Ethics Forum
- Richard Doll Seminar - Global surveillance of cancer surival
- HERC Seminar - Carer and family effects in economic evaluation: An overview of recent research
- Ethox Seminar: Transformative experience and adolescent capacity to refuse life-prolonging treatment
- Ethox Seminar: Genes wide open - A qualitative study to explore the motives, experiences and attitudes of individuals who openly share their genomic data
- Richard Doll Seminar - Population Science in Africa
- Richard Doll Seminar - Mylotarg from clinical trial to licensing: A fifteen year odyssey
- Richard Doll Seminar - Your Face Tomorrow: Prevention in the era of big data and miniaturized disease models
- NDPH Seminar - Measuring premature mortality and disability from cardiovascular diseases worldwide: Evidence from the Global Burden of Disease Study
- Ethox Seminar: Public health policy and the ethics of the long game
- Inaugural Lectures
- Archie Cochrane Lecture: Re-inventing randomised trials for the 21st century
- An Oxford Conversation: Truth in the Media
- NPEU Research Seminar - The (not) new WHO diagnostic criteria for gestational diabetes - do they make a difference?
- Big Data Ethics Forum: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Ethical questions around robust and open science
- NDPH Seminar: Differences in the results of randomised and non-randomised epidemiologic studies: When are they NOT due to bias in the non-randomised studies?
- Ethox Seminar: Using practical ethics to resolve differences of opinion in review and design of clinical research
- HERC Seminar - Using electronic health records in health economic modelling studies
- NPEU Research Seminar - Perinatal depression in migrant women on the Thai-Myanmar border: Prevalence, risk factors and experiences
- Richard Doll Seminar - Life and death decisions: Setting spending priorities en route to universal healthcare coverage
- Richard Doll Seminar - Principles and practice of preventive cardiology
- Richard Doll Seminar - Environmental impact on child health and development: Have we been looking at the wrong generation?
- Richard Doll Seminar - Tobacco industry distortion of science: Some lessons learned
- Richard Doll Seminar - Diabetes No More! Results from the DiRECT trial
- Richard Doll Seminar - The COSMOS international prospective cohort study: Lessons for the design and set-up of cohort studies in the digital era and some preliminary findings
- Richard Doll Seminar - New insights for patients with, or at risk of, diabetes - the EXSCEL and ACE trials
- NPEU Seminar: Hard lessons: learning from controversial cases in medical ethics
- Joint NDPH / BDI / CVM Seminar - Genes and risk for or protection against coronary disease
- Richard Doll Seminar - Post-Truth Medicine: Death and Disability by Disinformation
- Richard Doll Seminar - Some large simple randomized trials in life threatening bleeding
- Inaugural Lecture: Is Big Epidemiology Better Epidemiology?
- Ethox Seminar: Concealment and Discovery: The role of information security in biomedical data re-use
- Ethox Seminar: Responsibility in Healthcare: Empowerment Without Blame?
- Ethox Seminar: The concept of vulnerability: Eliminating a problem?
- NDPH Seminar: Building an evidence base for tailored mass treatment of parasitic worms: A study of >20,000 people in rural Uganda
- NPEU Seminar - SIFT The Speed of Increasing milk Feeds Trial
- HERC Seminar - Sensitivity analysis for not-at-random missing data in trial-based cost-effectiveness analysis
- Ethox Seminar: Residual cognitive capacities and the capacity for suffering in patients with cognitive motor dissociation
- Ethox Seminar: To report or not to report? That's not the only question!
- Ethox Seminar: Saving decision making from itself
- Ethox Seminar: The challenges of total joint replacement in obese individuals: Clinical and ethical issues
- Ethox Seminar: Justice and vulnerability in big data
- Richard Doll Seminar - Malaria elimination in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- AHA Paul Dudley White International Lecture: Post-Truth Medicine: Death and Disability by Disinformation
- Ethox Seminar: Ethical issues for verbal autopsy in the context of health and demographic surveillance systems
- Ethox Seminar: An ethical analysis of screening for perinatal mental health in the UK
- HERC Seminar - Discrete choice experiments to inform programming and C-E modelling of HIV prevention
- A symposium to mark Richard Peto's retirement
- NPEU Research Seminar - Invisible patients in birth debates (are not the ones you'd expect): Documenting systematic distortions in the representation of birth-place evidence
- NPEU Research Seminar - SIFT: The Speed of Increasing milk Feeds Trial
- NPEU Research Seminar - Towards preventing fetal brain injury and death at term while reducing the rate of emergency deliveries: making use of large datasets of fetal heart rate monitoring
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: Ethical Expertise in Psychiatry in Germany
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - All About Money: Why we should ignore "undue influence" in research
- Oxford Open Doors
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - African Bioethics: what and how?
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: What gives them the right? Legal privilege and waivers of consent for research
- NPEU Seminar: TBC (Maternal and Newborn health in the community – Uganda/UK collaboration)
- NPEU Seminar: TBC
- NPEU Seminar: Using qualitative research to shape, inform, and implement global guidelines in maternity care.
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - Individuals as co-creators of their own environments: Implications for understanding development and applying interventions
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - End of Life care in ICUs in Ain Shams University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt
- Richard Doll Seminar: Diet, nutrition, physical activity and cancer: the current state of the evidence (and how to use it)
- Richard Doll Seminar: Cervical cancer, occult CIN3 and HPV screening
- Richard Doll Seminar: Cervical Screening in a post-HPV immunisation world
- Richard Doll Seminar: Livestock, Health, Environment & People
- Richard Doll Seminar: The genetics of stroke
- Richard Doll Seminar: Evolutionary approaches to public health, or why do health inequalities exist?
- Richard Doll Seminar: The SCAMP adolescent cohort study: lessons for the design, set-up and follow-up of adolescent cohort studies in the digital era and some preliminary findings
- Richard Doll Seminar: Using naturally randomized genetic evidence to inform the design of randomized trials
- Richard Doll Seminar: Can we transform perinatal care through larger, more efficient, collectively prioritised international trials?
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - Authenticity and citizenship in people living with dementia in a care home
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - After the End of Disease: a Historical Perspective on Epidemic Narratives
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - The ethics and epistemology of nocebo effects in trials, and what to do about it
- Unit for Biocultural Variation and Obesity Seminar: Chess, not chequers
- Unit for Biocultural Variation and Obesity Seminar: Discussing weight management in primary care -insights from conversation analysis of the BWeL trial
- Unit for Biocultural Variation and Obesity Seminar: Revealing later life vulnerabilities through the study of food practices
- Unit for Biocultural Variation and Obesity Seminar: Psychosocial inequality, insecurity and overweight/obesity in a Danish Youth Cohort
- Unit for Biocultural Variation and Obesity Seminar: Assessing the reformulation efforts of soft drink companies in the UK
- Unit for Biocultural Variation and Obesity Seminar: Genomics of common obesity
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: Current controversies in public patient involvement in research and service delivery
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: The Embassy of Good Science: A European Initiative to strengthen research integrity and research ethics
- HERC Seminar: Estimating survival: does patient reported quality of life matter?
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: Political Bioethics
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: Punishing the innocent and other riddles of moral responsibility scepticism
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: How can we make health care better? Developing an approach to quality and quality improvement.
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: Avoiding ethics dumping in global research - Looking for equitable partnerships
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - On balancing security and privacy
- Ethox and WEH Seminar: Deploying Epigenetics to Identify Genetically Influenced Social Inequalities
- HERC Seminar: Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis for Comparative Value Assessment throughout the Drug Lifecycle
- Richard Doll Seminar: A genetic risk score to guide personalised, age-specific prostate cancer screening
- Richard Doll Seminar: Sustainable and healthy food systems - Now and in the future
- Richard Doll Seminar: Incorporating biomarkers into breast cancer trials - where are we at?
- Richard Doll Seminar: Controversial topics in the epidemiology of chronic lung disease
- Richard Doll Seminar: Prevention of dementia by targeting risk factors
- Richard Doll Seminar: Social determinants of health, health behaviours and health inequalities
- Richard Doll Seminar: Progress in the management of breast cancer: Trials and tribulations
- Richard Doll Seminar: Lifecourse economic evaluation - A microsimulation approach
- Richard Doll Seminar: Examining public health workers' perceptions toward response expectations in disasters
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - Chronic Illness: A Systems Approach
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - The Basic Structure Model of Research Stakeholder Obligations
- NPEU Seminar: Exploding the 3-Dimensional Singularity of Stillbirth
- Inaugural Lecture - Clinical Trials: Trying to work out who benefits
- Richard Doll Seminar: Are journals an endangered species?
- CKB Seminar: Using genetics to explore the consequences of obesity
- Inaugural Lecture - Halving premature death: Thinking big, keeping it simple
- HERC Seminar: Implications of non-marginal budgetary impacts in health technology assessment
- NDPH Seminar: Methods for handling missing data and adjusting for non-adherence in cluster-randomised trials
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - Bringing Bioethics into Play: Digital Games as an Empirical Tool to Investigate Moral Choices
- Archie Cochrane Lecture 2019: Big Biobanks in the East and West
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - The limits of patient and public involvement
- Ethox Workshop - Participatory Visual Methods Workshop
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - Gender as structural and epistemic vulnerability in global health emergencies
- Women and Leadership - Fighting for an equal world
- Inaugural Lecture: Clinical Trials 101 - Ask the right question, get the right answer
- HERC Seminar: Health Preference Research: past, present and possible future
- Ethox and WEH Seminar - Ethical Medical Repatriation of Migrant Workers
- Causal Inference in Epidemiology Seminar - Causal inference: acknowledging the third pillar of contemporary data science
- Causal Inference in Epidemiology Seminar - Statistical concepts: a grammar for research
- Causal Inference in Epidemiology Seminar - Creating a 'target trial' within a longitudinal cohort: application to estimate treatment effects in cystic fibrosis
- Causal Inference in Epidemiology Seminar: Automating causal inference using Mendelian randomisation
- Causal Inference in Epidemiology Seminar - Masterclass: Applications of Mendelian randomisation to assess causal inference